“[TW: suicide] “The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill them self doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill them self the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flame yet nobody down on the side walk, looking up and yelling ‘Don‘t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.””
— - David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest (via orderincha0s)
AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
HA HA HA HA HA HAH AH AH AHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
i accidentally made this gif too fast but i think it made my day because ive been laughing for 10 minutes
::wraps arms around Seattle::
I love you…
I missed you…
My bby Seattle…
Faye made a joke
Faye passes the test
Faye wins my love
Back to my hometown to see friends and family for a few days and then an even longer vacation away from the person who has been aggravating me the most lately.
I am hoping that I will finally be able to get help again, that I won’t have to feel this way again for a long time. Then I can write and play and feel good again instead of passing moments of joy that I can’t seem to hold onto anymore.
These are shitty things you do, A LOT, which bother me, quite a bit:
- Post pictures of some really rich meal you’re eating and add captions like “this is why I’m fat” or “#fatass”. Fat people don’t eat like that all the time, if we did we wouldn’t maintain a steady weight - we’d always be blowing up, like when Violet turns into a blueberry in Willy Wonka? Also, you’re putting your weird food hangups/guilt on us, the fat people who already get enough bullshit just living our lives. Why not tag it #greed #wealthycapitalistmeals or #northamericanprivilege? #wastefulness #sixpigsdiedforthis
- Say things like “I feel fat” when you mean “I feel unattractive” “I ate too much” or “I am bloated today”. Fat is a state of being, not a feeling. If you actually feel fat when you’re not, that’s a disorder called body dysmorphic disorder, for which you should seek treatment. When you look at me, a fat woman, and say “UGH I FEEL FAT” you might as well be saying “You being fat should feel terrible all the time, go lose weight or kill yourself trying.”
- Ask “does this make me look fat?” Guess what, assholes - everything I wear makes me look fat. So not only is it incredibly insensitive and rude to say, it’s an extra slap in the face to ask ME, actual fat person. If you and your other insecure thin people friends want to sit around and talk about your “belly pooch” or your “love handles”, go right ahead but please don’t subject the rest of us to it.
- Post about your eating & exercise plans using fat-negative descriptions of yourself. “No more fatass self in 2013!” “Feeling gorgeous now that I’m not fat!” etc. If you are healthier and more fit, great. I am happy that you’re taking care of your body. But please don’t shame me and my fatness in the process. I didn’t ask to be tacked on to your baggage, thanks. And when you gain it all back, rest assured I will feel a healthy amount of schadenfreude.
- Use photos of fat people as a gag. Enough said. Same goes for hilarious “novelty” postcards, birthday cards, etc that use fat people as a joke. Tagging friends in a picture of some fat stranger. Stop that. You’re an asshole. Seriously, just stop. It’s hurtful.
- Talk about how you used to be fat as some sort of “cred”. I don’t care.Also, former fatness does not give you the go-ahead to make judgment statements about fat people - “When I was fat I ate fourteen tacos every day!” cool, great that you had that experience. Now remember how we’re all different people and your experiences do not speak for mine? Thank you. Even if I DO eat 14 tacos a day (has never happened, sadly) - that is my choice which has nothing to do with you or your bogus judgements. Eating and morality are two different things. Please don’t confuse them in your quest to feel superior to your “old self” (note: you are still the same person just with less fat).
- Related to that - don’t tell me how you lost weight if I don’t ask. Don’t go through all the restrictions you put yourself through, the exercises you did, the caloric intake, the protein powders, the carb-free lettuce wraps. I didn’t ask! I don’t care. I don’t mind if people want to or choose to lose weight. Walking around as a fat person is not an open solicitation for you to tell me about this diet tea that you lost 20lbs with. I don’t care. I don’t fucking care. Let me clarify that last point - I don’t fucking care about your diet.
- Say things like how miserable, useless, ugly, stupid, etc you USED to be when you were fat, but now you feel great. Yes, I’m sure you did feel all of those things when you were fat, because you live in a culture that hates fat people and wants us all to feel that way. Still, do you really think it’s cool to put it all on your adipose tissue? Because those of us who remain fat do not need your hate speech about our bodies. And we don’t necessarily need to hear it more than we already do from television, films, the internet, advertisements, product packaging, and basically every other type of media we engage with every day of our lives. Fat people are just as worthy of admiration, caring, support, friendship and love as anyone else.
- Dismiss people (especially women) by saying “they’re so FAT!” or “EW did you see how much weight she gained, she looks DISGUSTING” or “She should NOT be wearing that until she loses some weight”. Wow. Just, wow. I can’t tell you how often I hear this, and you wouldn’t believe the mental gymnastics I have to do to EVERY TIME just to remind myself you’re a person with your own insecurities and not a complete waste of human flesh. Think about it for one minute.Take some quality about yourself which is morally neutral - say, your eye color. Now imagine that every time your friend saw someone with your eye color they screamed “EWW that is so NASTY no one wants to see that. Put on some sunglasses you blue-eyed bitch!”
- If you see me eating salad, veggies, fruit, whole grains, a light snack, or drinking water, please do not declare me a “GOOD GIRL!” That is so gross, so patronizing, makes so many fucking judgments and assumptions. Just shut up. Don’t comment on what fat people eat in any way, how about that? Especially if they’re strangers. It’s none of your damn business and I’m sure you’ve eaten tons of unhealthy meals in the past. Your pat on the head is condescending, not affirming. Your opinion matters NOT AT ALL.
- Please don’t tell me creepily how “into” fat people you are. Please don’t make weird salacious implications about the types of fucking you can do to fat rolls. Please don’t say “pushin for the cushion” and please don’t imply that you sleep with women who are fat because “it’s easier”. You are gross and vile.
Overall, just love & respect the fat people in your life the same way you would anyone else, keep your insecurities and body hangups out of it, ok?
And to all my fat babes and dudes, go on with your fat selves. You’re great. Have fun with it. After all, can skinny people do this?
DIDN’T THINK SO.
Did you do something today?
Because there are times when we don’t feel like we have the will to even get out of bed. It could be easy to give in.
But you didn’t. Not today.
So congratulations. You made it to today.
I’m proud of you.
Anyone want a free copy of Dota 2?
Mebbe me? I want to try playing with friends and would appreciate it. C:
Some Boys Like Dolls: Deconstructing the (Trans)Gender Binary — Lucas Walden (via klutzygeek)
You don’t have to be one or the other. You can be both. You can be neither. You can be some of one and some of the other and some of even another. The whole point of identity is to be who you are, not what society thinks you should be.
Cutting to the chase I am doing a project for my art class that requires me to do a piece that is 60ftx1ft long.
60 feet is a HUGE size.
Long story short, I need your URLs, and if you reblog/like this post I will write your URL down on my piece.
I NEED 60 FEET OF URLS AND I HAVE SMALL HANDWRITING. PLEASE REBLOG FOR ONE REASON, AND ONE REASON ONLY:
I wanna see the finished piece
Fuck yeah art.
If you’re lesbian and you fall for a guy
If you’re gay and you fall for a woman
If you’re bisexual and you have a preference for girls
If you’re bisexual and you have a preference for guys
If you’re pansexual and have a preference
What’s not fine is telling someone they can’t love another person because it doesn’t fit into the confinements of a label.
It actually makes me really upset to think that there are people in this world who will go their entire lives without feeling passionate about something.
What keeps you going? What are you passionate about?
Art? Music? Food? Games? People? Causes?
When you look back on your life, what will you get the most excited about?
If you don’t have something like that I suggest you find it before it’s too late.
Eventually, I’m sure but I’m dealing with some family stuff right now and won’t be able to get back to it for a bit.
Still, it’s nice to know people are still looking forward to it. C:
♈ Aries: Aries fear that they don’t fear ‘fear’. Most of them are insightful enough to know they can leap head on into danger unnecessarily and spend half their life making up for the other half’s mistakes
♉ Taurus: People will think they are boring. To make up for it they bake food or take people out because they are worried they alone aren’t enough
♊ Gemini: Other people will see how internally wound up and vulnerable they are. How much they really need somebody there; no matter how independent they may seem. Needing another person at all scares Gemini
♋ Cancer: Having a volatile family life. Most Cancers fear divorce but also believe it will never happen to them
♌ Leo: People will tire of their theatrics and neediness and reject them entirely. That eventually people will give up on trying to assure them and cope with their drama
♍ Virgo: People will judge them and treat them differently if they are not at least fulfilling some purpose or use for being around
♎ Libra: They will be alone forever and unloved
♏ Scorpio: They will open up and share a secret to somebody, but be rejected / betrayed
♐ Sagittarius: They will love somebody more than the other person loves them. They will need somebody more than they are needed.
♑ Capricorn: Because everyone puts so much faith in them, they are secretly worried they will just destroy everything and don’t know who to ask for help
♒ Aquarius: Eventually they will just drift entirely away from everybody. That one day they will be unable to decipher what is rational and not. A true sense of isolation
♓ Pisces: That people only pretend to like them. Most Pisces can’t figure out why they have friends or why they are liked. They are constantly comparing themselves
I’m a libra. BRB sobbbing.
Your identity belongs to you and no one is allowed to tell you otherwise, how to think, how to feel, how to act. You don’t have to act like the stereotypical male to identify as one. You don’t have to dress like a girl to be one. You don’t have to dislike girly things to identify as male, or have more guy friends than girl friends, or to do anything society says a man or woman would do for yourself to identify as one. You don’t have to justify why you feel this way or describe how. If you say you identify as both genders, then you are both genders and no one can prove otherwise. The same goes for every other gender identity that is fathomable. You are an individual and no one is quite the same.
I thought this was important to say because I have been so distressed and confused about my own identity for years, and as a mostly male identifying person, it is hard not to beat myself up for liking girly things and for having more female friends, or for having a couple of boyfriends in the past. It’s hard not to question my own identity when I see other people of the same gender expressing it differently. It’s hard to be proud of my identity and stand strong when so many people would want to tear me down and prove me wrong, call me inferior, call me a wannabe, call me an attention whore, or say it’s just a phase.
I can’t be the only one who’s sick of this treatment.